Nunez News

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Talented Individuals


In the mommy world you meet some pretty inventive individuals. Us mommies take our jobs at home very seriously and love it so very much but also a lot of times want to contribute to family income or just have so much creativity inside of us that it needs to come out somewhere to bless others.

That's why I started doing freelance photography work. I truly enjoy creating memories and art with my photos. I love working with children and families and capturing their love for one another in a photo. Sure I could raise my prices and advertise myself a lot more and probably make a good amount of money but a lot of families that call me would not hire someone who charges higher prices. If my prices were so high that even I could not afford them I do not think I would be able to bless as many people as I have been able to. Though I do have to charge a fare amount for my time at least.

I've met some awesome ladies/mommies that have created their own company. I'm going to tell you about them so you can look at all their really fun things. 


First there's Kristen with Rock A Bow. I had hired her to put on a tea party for Kiera's 4th birthday party. She was just starting out her business then and has grown from just little girl things of pretty dress up to bible covers, artfolios and even a new dress line. If you're on facebook she's going to be having a huge giveaway once she hits 500 fans so I would suggest you like her page.   ~ Here's a photo of Kiera and I sporting our hair pretties that we got last month ~



Next there's Gaby with Nature Mamma Handmade. I met Gaby this past year and asked her to create a monkey beanie so I could use it as one of my photography props. She totally created what I had in mind! You have to check out her facebook page and look at all the photos of her amazing creations!  ~ Here's a photo of my sis in law and nephew modeling the adorable curious monkey beanie ~
Sparkly Blue Necklace
I've also recently met Stacy who has a family business called Solomon Beads. They (as a family) cut strips of magazine paper, hand roll them into beads, hand paint each bead several times and then spray (to seal) and string each bead to create beautiful jewelry. Read the About Us page on how their bead making business started. ~Here's a picture of their Sparkly Blue Necklace that's only $18 for all the work that goes into making it.~ 
The last one I'd like to tell you about is Jill with Time for Tots. They create activity kits for young learners and they are all themed. Very fun for your little one or a great way to keep the younger ones preoccupied with "school" while you're homeschooling your older ones. They're also on facebook. ~ Here's the Happy Birthday Jesus Learning Kit~ 
If' you happen to still be looking for gifts that are unique and or fun. Most of these ladies are still taking orders for Christmas until this weekend. So you might want to check them out and check your list to see if there's someone you might still need to buy for. Or just keep them in mind for a later date. :)


1 comment:

  1. Aww! So sweet! Im so honored to be featured here with all these talented ladies! Thank you so much Alaina <3

    ReplyDelete