Nunez News

Monday, December 19, 2011

Moma's Oatmeal Cookies

I started the day with another batch of mini pumpkin loaves that baked while we had some breakfast. Then we went over to Knott's Berry Farm to check out the Christmas Craft Fair that happens to be free Monday-Thursday and this is the last week it will be there.

This evening we made a batch of oatmeal cookies. We were going to make them yesterday right after the chocolate chip cookies but I only had maybe 1/2 cup of flour left. So we made a batch tonight, well, it was actually a half batch because I forgot to set out more butter so that it would be soft. Oopsie! (as Domenic says)

These cookies are some of the favorites around here. We do not add anything to them other than oats (no nuts, raisins or chocolate chips). Though I had made up an oatmeal cookie recipe last year with 2 different oats and almond meal. Those were really good too, I'll have to find where I wrote down the recipe. But anyways here is Moma's (my mom's) oatmeal cookie recipe (the full batch, not 1/2).

Nathan was my assistant today and again the photos are courtesy of Kiera. :)


Moma's Oatmeal Cookies

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Ingredients:
1 cup salted butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3 cups old fashioned oats

Directions:
In a small bowl sift together flour, baking soda and cinnamon.

In a large bowl cream butter and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and mix until combined. Stir in oats.

Drop dough by heaping tablespoons onto a cookie sheet.
Those dollar bin ice cream scoopers are the perfect cookie scoop size.
I always used a regular spoon before I bought these.

Bake for 10-12 minutes (for me it is 11-12), until golden around the edges. They may still look soft in the middle but they will set if you leave them on the cookie sheet for about a minute after you remove them from the oven.

Makes about 30 cookies.




No comments:

Post a Comment