Nunez News

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Small Voice

It is good to just sit, and listen. 
Have you every been in a conversation that was one sided? One person is talking and the other person can not get a word in? Or even when that other person does finally get a chance to speak the one doing most of the talking is not listening because they are thinking of what they want to say next.
I think that is how we can be sometimes. With our children and with God.
I tell my kids "look at me" so I know they are listening and I think sometimes that is what God as our Heavenly Father is thinking, "just look at Me". 
We can get caught up in the I want, I need, please do this, please do that. When He could very well be answering or trying to talk to us but we are so busy doing all the talking we can not hear.
Stop and listen.

1 Kings 19:11-13
So He said, "Go forth, and stand on the mountain before the Lord." And behold, the Lord was passing by! And a great and strong wind was rending the mountains and breaking in pieces the rocks before the Lord; but the Lord was not in the wind. And after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake. And after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a sound of a gentle blowing. And it came about when Elijah heard it, that he wrapped his face in his mantle, and went out and stood in the entrance of the cave. And behold, a voice came to him and said, "What are you doing here, Elijah?"

I also believe God can use our children to speak to us. Their hearts are soft and open to Him speaking to them. They listen.
There has been more then a couple times where during our devotional times or while we are writing out our list of people and things to pray for that Kiera has mentioned certain people. Some have been people that she had not seen in so long that I would not have even thought she would remember them. But she names them, so we pray for them. Sometimes I find out later after we have lifted them up in prayer that they really did have a specific need or there were health issues going on. Sometimes I do not find out anything. But I know that God's hand is mighty and when you lift up a loved one or just an acquaintance He will take care of them.


So, especially with all the business of this month, this season, just in life. Remember to stop... And listen... Then you'll be able to enjoy watching God's wonderful loving hand work in your life and the lives of others.



I linked up today with Women Living Well head on over and check out all the other great posts.

2 comments: