Nunez News

Sunday, January 22, 2012

At the Tidepools in January {Lots of Photos!}

This past Thursday we had our nature studies down in Corona del Mar at the Little Corona tidepools. I think we go to the beach the most during the winter and spring. Sure we do go in the summer but we tend to swim at my parents more when it's really hot.
I gave Robert my camera and briefly told him how to focus after I had put in the settings. So He went rock climbing (pretty much) while the boys and I were exploring all the hermit crabs and sea anemones. Kiera was more interested in playing in the sand and water with other friends that were there.
Here are some of Robert's pictures. I think he did pretty good!

 Purple Ochre Sea Star
 Sea Anemones
 I like this one!
 A ton of mussels
 I like this one too
 Shore crab

 He was bummed that this one was a little fuzzy


Kiera and friends 

 What do you see in this picture???
 Purple Sea Urchins
"Come on boys, let's see what else we can find."

The boys and I got over to were Robert was after this picture and then we climbed back to the sandy area so we could have lunch, and some water. The boys were ready to play in the water and sand so Robert hung out with them while I took the camera to do a little exploring myself. :)
sea hare eggs
 Sea Hare
 more eggs
 California sea hare, the eggs next to it
 I'm pretty sure this is another sea hare, though it looks very similar to a sea slug
 Snowy Egret

 It was posing for me. :)
 There it goes!
 sea urchin skeletons
 It looks like an old wrinkled sea star
 Abalone? What do you think?
 Sea star caught a mussel for lunch



 So much fun!


3 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a blast!! SOO pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous pictures! What a fun day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the helpful information you provide in your articles. I will bookmark your blog and check again here regularly. I am quite sure I will learn plenty of new stuff right here! Best of luck for the next!
    Bogs Women's Classic High Tuscany Rain Boot

    ReplyDelete