Nunez News

Monday, August 1, 2011

The Joys of Fatherhood

December 25, 2004, that was the day I first found out I was going to be a father. I was excited, super happy, and a little scared all at once. I knew my life would change and I hoped I could handle it. It didn't quite sink in though until the first time I held little Kiera in my arms. It was then that I knew that I was responsible for raising a child in this world. I made a promise to little Kiera that I would love and protect her with all that I am. I have also made the same promise to my two sons when they were born. Everything I do I know affects them and the decisions I make are not only for me but for my family. I don't have the option of letting them down.
Now onto the joys. There are a lot of little things that they do that just make my day. Kiera loves to cuddle up to me whenever she gets a chance. Nathan will out of nowhere just say "I love you daddy". Domenic always wants to play and the second I get down on the ground, even if he's in another room, that's the cue for him to jump all over daddy.
I love seeing them play together and work together to build something. And they always want me to help them even when they really don't need my help. They always want to know what daddy's doing and want to help me, especially when I cook. They love my homemade waffles. Every morning off that I get is waffle morning and they never get tired of them.
The best part of my day is coming home from work and all three of them greet me at the door with hugs and kisses. I usually leave for work before they get up, but sometimes Nathan and/or Domenic will wake up before I leave, Kiera needs her beauty sleep, and they wave to me and blow kisses from the window as I drive away. That always melts me a little as I am leaving and I don't want to go to work.
Everyday one of them does or learns something new and they can't wait to show or tell me about it. I love seeing their eyes light up and the excitement in their voices and on their faces. Especially Domenic because he doesn't have a lot of words yet but he points and hops around making faces and noises.
I can't wait to see the people my children grow up to be. I know that it is up to me to shape them and teach them to be humble and respectful and God fearing. I know that they are sensitive and caring kids and I hope they stay that way as they grow and mature. But for right now I love spending time with them just as they are.

No comments:

Post a Comment