Nunez News

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Thankfulness-sweet and simple

Since November is over I figured I'd talk about Thankfulness. ;)

Kiera said she wanted everyone to say a prayer of what they're thankful for during our Thanksgiving dinner. I told her I thought that was a great idea. It was my parents and my grandma (mom's mom) and us at our house Thanksgiving evening. Kiera started and said she was thankful for ALL of her family, my grandma listed off all of her kids, grandkids and great grandkids, Nathan said he was still thinking when it was his turn and Domenic said he was thankful for cars. :) My dad said he was thankful that God had a plan for his life and already knew what it was because my dad had another plan but God's plan was much better. How true are those words! God already knows and it's better than we could ever imagine.

I apologized to Robert just the other day for there being lots of laundry to be done and him having to feel like he needed to take care of it on his day off. He (the wonderful man he is) just smiled and said that it was ok and laundry was actually relaxing to him. [Big cheesy smile from ME] "That's why you are the perfect man for me! God knew I needed a husband like you." I'm so very thankful for him!

When we pray we always thank God first for the day. "Dear Lord, thank you for this day..." What am I thanking Him for? For waking up in a funny sleeping position because our bed is overcrowded way past the recommended # of sleepers for a queen size bed; because we are so very blessed to have such cuddly, lovey children. For being able to take a deep breath and feeling my lungs fill up with air. For my husband who so diligently takes care of his responsibilities and still has time to make waffles (most of the time) when requested by one of our little loves. For our cozy house on the cold, chilly days. For a bump or cut not being as bad as it could have been (I've thank God many times for this one!). For being able to pray anytime and anywhere. For my mom who is my close friend and mentor. For His love for me.

This list could get mighty long, but I need to remind myself of how much I am blessed on those days that don't feel so blessed. You know, the days that start with a grumpy child or a pounding headache. The days that feel so overwhelming that I tend to through my own pity party, whether it be in my words, actions or just my own head. Whoa, whoa! Who am I? I am a child of God. And when you give your child a job to do or a responsibility their response can bring you joy or frustration. You want them to work diligently at the task(s) that you have given them. Should I not work less diligently for my heavenly Father?

I am blessed and I thank you Lord for adopting me as your daughter! I need your guidance and I am so very thankful that You are always near.


No comments:

Post a Comment