Nunez News

Friday, April 25, 2014

Nature Outing 4-24-14

Usually we go on nature walks with a group of friends but I felt like it needed to just be us (me and the kids) for the day. So, with lunch packed and shoes on most of us, we headed out to a park about 10 minutes away to see some tadpoles, and anything else that might be near the creek/stream. 

 I'm pretty sure this is a female Pacific Forktail Damselfly
 I think it was looking at me.
 I'm sure I was a sight to see. I had Blake in my ergo on my back and I was pretty much lying on the rocky ground trying to get a nice close up of this damselfly. I was actually able to get pretty close to it too. This was not shot with a zoom lens!
 Kiera asked me to take pictures of some flowers.


 Nathan found a pine cone and wanted me to take a picture of it.

 More flowers Kiera asked me to take a picture of.
 We saw a couple Flame Skimmer Dragonflies but they wouldn't stop long enough for me to get a good picture of them.
 There were a ton of tadpoles! We were hoping to see some with legs but we did see some pretty fat ones looking just about ready to go through more metamorphosis. I'm going to try to take the kids back there next week to see.


After we walked the stream we went over to the picnic tables and had some tamales that I had cooked yesterday. With how our kids eat I could have brought the whole bag and they would have devoured them!
I got to read to them from our Story Bible (I love that they ask me to keep reading after each chapter!) and then we played and journaled and saw a couple red tailed hawks. It was a nice day! I love spending time with our kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment