Nunez News

Monday, February 6, 2012

The Moon 2/5/12

Last night after we got home from our friends house Robert looked up and said, "Wow, look at the moon!" We all got out of the car and saw this ring around the moon. Super cool! Robert asked if I'd be able to get a picture of it. So I got out my tripod (that he just got me for Christmas) and with the kids sitting on the front porch got a few shots.
I checked out some information about the ring around the moon and though I haven't been able to finish reading  this article I got out of it that the ring is ice crystals and the moon basically magnifies them or lights them up. It also means that we're going to have bad weather according to folklore. I bet that's how farmers knew when they needed to harvest before the ground froze!
So here are some of the images that I got. If you click on them it will enlarge them.
Let me know what you think or if you have some information about the halo around the moon.

 






 

1 comment: