Nunez News

Monday, February 13, 2012

Mom Heart Conference {A Mom Like Me}-Part 1

I first heard about the Mom Heart Conference with Sally Clarkson last year but because I heard about it so late I was unable to attend the conference. I was however able to attend the PossibiliTea that was in the morning and only $25. The PossibiliTea was to encourage the Mom's that lead Mom Heart or Mom groups. After I had attended I lead a book study through The Ministry of Motherhood and was so blessed and totally felt like the book was written for me. All last year I planned on going to the conference this year. I asked Robert to buy me a ticket as my Christmas present. :)
I told friends about the conference, especially the ones that had gone through the book study with me and a couple of them were also able to attend, along with my mom.

So this is how Friday started.

The conference started with a panel discussion titled "A Mom Like Me". Sally had asked a group of women, her friends, various questions to help encourage all us moms. I should have written down the questions that she asked, because my answers would have made more sense but you'll still get what they were talking about.

~You have to receive grace in order to give it. 
                       Romans 5:15-17 "But the free gift is not like the transgression. For if by the transgression of the one the many died, much more did the grace of God and the gift by the grace of the one Man, Jesus Christ, abound to the many. And the gift is not like that which came through the one who sinned; for on the one hand the judgment arose from one transgression resulting in the condemnation, but on the other hand the free gift arose from many transgressions resulting in justification. For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ."
~Apologize and be intentional with your time with your children
~Ask yourself, How does the gospel change this?
                       Accept your limitations.
                       Discipleship takes loner but it's a lasting change.
~You cannot hand out water from a well that's empty.
                       Hebrews 10:25 "not forsaking our own assembling together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another; and all the more, as you see the day drawing near."
                       Proverbs 18:1 "He who separates himself seeks his own desire, he quarrels against all sound wisdom."
~Proverbs 21:9 "It is better to live in a corner of a roof, than in a house shared with a contentious woman."
                      I can't expect my husband to hold my burdens for me.
                      James 1:19-20 "This you know, my beloved brethren. But let everyone be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; for the anger of man does not achieve the righteousness of God."
                      Give my husband the gift of undivided attention regularly
~To change our self image, we need to change our image of God
                      He delights in us.
                      Advice from her son, "read the bible everyday to your kids and play legos with them". :)
                      God is at work, He will do great things with your children
                      Don't get distracted by the soul killing things
~Keep our focus on Jesus
                      We are not the light, we simply reflect the Light (the moon has no light, it reflects the sun's light).
~We need support/community.
                       We all need someone to help us but sometimes we need to ask.
~Galatians 5:25 "If we live by the Spirit, let us also walk by the Spirit"
                       Not being perfect, being obedient.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for a little re-cap! I LOVED the conference, and cant wait to attend years to come! Im trying to work in my new knowledge into my everyday life and having a hard time! Im sure lots of prayer will help me through! Thank you friend for inviting me!

    ReplyDelete