Nunez News

Monday, September 12, 2011

Garlic Herb Bread

The other day I was having a grumpy day. Feeling funky and just overall not a happy camper.
It started with waking up to a whiny little guy at 6am. I don't mind waking up early, he usually gets up around 6:30 these days, it's the whiny/grumpy thing that bugs me. I think I was more irritated because I was planning on getting up early to have my personal devotion/quiet time with the Lord and my plans were foiled by little mister. That kinda frustrated me. It shouldn't have, but it did.
Robert was home but planning on getting yard work done. So he was outside while I was inside doing school with the kids and trying to keep little man happy. He didn't know what he wanted. He needed to just go back to sleep.
So when Robert was done in the yard he planned to make a trip to the hardware store to buy some wood to build a gate and I told him to just take Nathan (we were all going to go) and I would keep Kiera so we could bake some bread. He offered to take Domenic (very considerate) but he wouldn't be able to get what he needed trying to watch one and hold the other. So I kept him and I was feeling better and he was looking tired.

Baking can be very relaxing! That and the smell of your creation in the oven is soothing.

So....
Here is our bread baking experience.

garlic wrapped in foil ready to roast, drizzled olive oil on the garlic

40-45 minutes later, smelling good

Kiera peeling the cloves

The kids like peeling garlic cloves, even raw ones. It's funny but very helpful.


Our recipe

all mixed up, right before we folded in the garlic cloves
                 
I asked, "are you watching sister?" haha

There's the tired face, oh and Kiera sprinkling herbs on top


Ready to bake! Parchment paper is awesome by the way.

Timer set for 40 minutes

Do you see that? We had to wait 45 minutes before we could taste it!

40 minutes was perfect!

Kiera's a much cuter baker than I, but I really like my apron that my sister got me. :)

It was quite tasty, Kiera didn't like it, but she's super picky. The boys liked it!

Kiera did most of the measuring and mixing.
That was our bread baking experience, there will be more.




1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing, we love baking around here too. I'm so glad the cooler days are coming because that's when we get most of ours done. Definitely going to try your recipe!!

    ReplyDelete