Nunez News

Thursday, March 28, 2013

San Diego Zoo Safari Park 3-19-13 {Field Trip}

Have you ever been to the San Diego Zoo Safari Park (formerly the Wild Animal Park)? You should really check it out. I took the kids a couple years ago but this was Robert's first time being able to go and Domenic's first time that he'll remember. haha 
The weather was perfect! 

 Hyacinth Macaw
 Pink Backed Pelican
 I see you too!
 The gorillas! We were able to see them come out and have their breakfast.
awww baby gorilla!
 Oh there's a butterfly jungle exhibit that's open I think only until the beginning of April. It was so cool! If you go wear lighter colors. The butterflies were attracted to white especially.
 Blue Morpho
 She must taste sweet because I had to move it off her face. haha


 He wasn't so sure but he was very careful and held so still. Sweet boy.
 Haha So I know I said the butterflies were attracted to lighter colors... and sweet children too I guess. ;)


 I like how the lioness has her paw up on the males back. haha



 On our tram ride. Blake slept a ton that day, as you can see this is his sleepy face because he had just woke up.
 Pretty cool.
 Elephants! We march from here to there, and it doesn't matter where...




 Hmmm, I think he was done and ready to head home.
 There he is, asleep again.


We walked past the bats on our way out so I took the kids inside for a quick look. They're pretty cool but kinda creepy when they crawl. :/
 The biggest duck I have ever seen! The Shoe Bill Stork.

2 comments: