Nunez News

Saturday, October 15, 2011

Ending, Middle, Beginning

So our last softball game of the year was last night. I'm a little bummed that we're taking a break for next season because when my team starts back up I'll be a little too far along in my pregnancy to start a new season. I usually play until I'm about 6 months, I only stop because it gets too hard to swing the bat. 
But it's a good thing to take this break, lots of things are going on and I feel like it's just going to speed up. I still have to take care of my top priority, my family and then the house, homeschooling which also involves nature studies, co-op and some field trips. As it is already the middle of October it's Christmas photo time so I'm getting more photo jobs, which is wonderful! 
Next month in November, I'm going on a Mom's retreat for my very first time! I'm only going for the day but I'm really excited that I get to go.
Also in November, I'm hosting a boutique/fundraiser at our house. This is the first one and maybe the beginnings of an annual boutique, we'll see how it goes. I have more info about it on my website. Kiera and I will be handling the bake sale part of the fundraiser, she's my awesome little helper and I'm sure she'll love looking at all the great stuff the vendors will be bringing. Pumpkin bread will definitely be on the menu! We just got our gift catalog from World Vision in the mail and Kiera and I were looking through it and getting excited about what we'll be able to purchase for children and families with the funds that we earn through the bake sale and raffles. She was giving her input on what she thought would be good gifts. Pretty sweet!


We are still in October which means our little man Domenic just turned 2!






So with all that, God knows what's best for me and my family and He also knows if I am feeling overwhelmed I wont do my best job on anything. Which is the most disappointing to myself. I like being busy, just not so busy that I'm not sure what to work on first. I feel like I'm good right now, I know what my priorities are. I also do not want to teach my children that they'll only be content if we're always go, go, going. I want them to learn contentment in just being still.





No comments:

Post a Comment